Manufacturing costing and buyer efforts to develop and transform product requirement in to process design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods can be utilized. Works with the sales , supply managers and product vendors for new product costing . Manage resources for trouble shooting and change management .Duties:
- For every new RFQ - Develops or determine manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, conferring with sales and supply managers .
- Verify that the quotations entered into our system are logical by estimating the cost of materials and processes and then comparing this sum to the price quoted by the supplier.
- Verify that the supplier has direct access to the machinery and quality systems necessary to make the parts.
- Prompt specific supply managers to provide quotations for certain parts based on the knowledge of the approved supplier list. This will also have the benefit of increasing the number of quotes for each new / existing part.
- Assist in making RFQs clearer for the supply managers. To this end he should be skilled in CAD and specification document creation so as to be able to take incomplete information from a sales person and turn that information into something that can be quoted.
- Assures product and process quality by selecting appropriate process and testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepares costing reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains process data base by entering data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Project management of new product introduction efforts or special products.
Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD experience , Four year Degree or equivalent in technical field; i.e., Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical/Tool Engineering, Industrial Technology.EXPERIENCE:
5-10 years of engineer level experience in Manufacturing Engineering as well costing ,including state of the art manufacturing technology/concepts and cost reductions through continuous improvements . Direct engagement with supplier quality managers and management experience.
- Deep knowledge of many manufacturing processes and their associated costs.
- Vendor quality management.
- Good language skills.
- The ability to get people to do as he wants without specific authority over them.