1) Develops design for garment, adapts existing design for garment, or copies existing design for the garment.
2) Alters garment and joins parts, using needle and thread or sewing machine, to form a finished garment.
3) Draws individual patterns or alters existing patterns to fit customer's measurements.
4) Sews buttons and buttonholes to finish the garment.
5) Presses garment, using hand iron or pressing machine.
6) Confers with customers to determine the type of material and garment style desired.
7) Positions pattern of garment parts on fabric, and cuts fabric along outlines, using scissors.
8) Measures customer for size, using tape measure and records measurements.